Rants from the Silver Fox

Welcome to the sporadic rants of the Silver Fox.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Ghost Story?

Last night I stayed in the Vulcan Hotel, St Bathan's. The hotel is supposed to be haunted. Coops, Frank and Catherine were there with me.

The story concerns a female client-faced officer of a local sexual services outlet (I understand that this would have been rendered "a prostitute from a local brothel" in pre-PC english). She came to the hotel one night to meet a client. Well, the client received the service and then murdered the woman. The murderer was never caught.

So since that day the woman has haunted the hotel on occasions. Male guests awake to feel an icy touch on the leg, or even icy fingers around their throat, throttling them.

Anyway, I got home and me mate asked: "Did the ghost throttle you?" and I replied "No. I tied her hands behind her back and we were fine after that."

No. That didn't happen. No ghost story I'm afraid.

But the countryside is great and Mike Kavanagh, mine host, was entertaining and very knowledgeable about local affairs and people. And by local I mean he covered all of Otago and half of Canterbury as well.

A great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment