Rants from the Silver Fox

Welcome to the sporadic rants of the Silver Fox.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Ask someone

I hired a car the other day. The guy at the counter asked if for a little extra did I want a GPS.

I said: I've been married. I have served my time with someone giving me directions I did not want. So no, thanks.

There was a web site, ages ago, that was set up so that musicians could showcase their work to a larger audience without having to go through the hassle of agents, record labels, distributers and so on.

The music was free to download. The site noted that 10% of downloaders subsequently purchased a performer's works. But that is beside the point.

One lovely track I got from there was called "I'm not lost, I'm exploring". What a perfect description of the way a bloke gets from A to B in a strange city.

I was working in UK and one of my workmates asked: Does anyone know a panel beater shop near here? No one did - except me. I said there is one on such and such a street.

How do you know that?! was the response.

Well - I took a "wrong" turn and so was exploring. I still got to my destination, but armed with more information than if I had "asked someone".

So here's to exploring and not getting directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment